Get the assistance you need

There are many services available for Bear Fire victims, whether or not you have insurance.  Look below to find various services available to you and your family.  Check back as new resources are added.

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.


GET YOUR FEMA NUMBER! Even if you have insurance, getting a registration number from FEMA can open up other resources for you. The online application takes about 20 minutes.

Individuals can apply for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency online at; by downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet; or by calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. Pacific. Read more here:


The Red Cross can be contacted at 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767).  Financial assistance is available.



The Hope Center at 1950 Kitrick Ave A in Oroville is giving out supplies, clothes, and gift cards from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. You can contact them at (530)538-3898. Up to date information is available on their Facebook page



The Buddhist Tzu Chi Center, Northwest Region, is offering emergency assistance to those affected by the Bear Fire.  You can call 408.256.0571, email, or visiit


The Bidwell Presbyterian Church is offering grants to those affected by the fires; they can assist with housing costs, rental vehicles, bils, etc. They cannot give cash grants. The Church is located at 208 W 1st St, Chico, CA 95928 and their phone number is (530) 343-1484.



NEW:  To receive rental house priority, contact the Rural Development Corp. at 510 Chuck Yeager Way in Oroville (By airport).  You will need your FEMA number, so be sure to complete your FEMA Registration first.

Contact Will Smith at 530-693-3164 or 530-534-0112 or email

The North Valley Property Owners Association can be reached at (530)345-1321.  Let them know you particular housing needs and they will pass that on to their membership of rental agents.